Thursday, April 30, 2009

HONEYMOON in APRIL

Lake Tahoe..
San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge

Roosevelt Elk were all over the place in the Redwood Forest.. We just pulled off the side of the road and took these pictures.. I didn't use my zoom or anything.. They were just chilling..


We went to Ocean World in Crescent City.. It was alot of fun.. It was a little town so when we went on the tour we were the only ones in the group.. It was a great 2 hour personal tour..

Me and BJ both got to pet a shark.. Obviously you can tell I was freaking out.. BJ acted like it was second nature to him.. He wouldn't stop playing with them..

The tour guide asked BJ if he was scared of seainenemies.. Of course he had to act tough so he said he wasn't.. The next thing we knew he had his tongue pressed again this nasty thing for 10 second,, while it stung him.. It made his tongue go numb.. He said it didn't hurt but who know if he was just trying to show the guy up..

We went to a place in the Redwood Forest call Tree Mystery.. We took a skyline ride through the tree tops.. It was alot of fun.. On the trail to get up to the skyline ride we got to see all sorts of AMAZING really old trees.. I think BJ was in Heaven even though instead of thinking how beautiful it was I know he was thinking how fun it would be to cut the trees down..

We hiked to this really cool tree that got struck by lightning I don't even remember how many years ago.. I just remember a long time.. But the inside was hollowed out.. But the outside was still growing.. It was really neat..

HA HA.. My husband is a tree hugger!!!

This was cool.. It was 5 trees grown together into one tree.. They said it would take like 500 years for this to happen.. People get married in front of this alter all the time.. It was beautiful so I made BJ pretend like we were getting married while I set the timer on the camera so we could take a picture..

BJ in front of a tree that tipped over and the roots were out of the ground and it was still alive after hundreds of years.. It was awesome.. BJ was amazed.. He was seriously a little kid in a candy shop around all these trees..

So in front of Tree Mystery, it has a huge Paul Bunyan and his big blue ox.. You can tell how excited BJ was.. There was alot of carvings and statues about his myths and stories..It was alot of fun.. BJ's favorite part was getting up front and personal with the ox.. There was some old ladies out front watching him.. Laughing.. Then they offered to take our picture.. I think they wanted him to leave the ox alone..

Us in front of the tallest tree ever.. It was 357ft tall.. It was cool..

Of course we had to drive through a tree.. Who goes to the Redwood Forest and doesn't drive through a tree.. I made BJ take me to this and I was so excited.. We had to pay to get in and it took us a whole 3 minutes to do it.. But I soaked up every second.. We drove through so many times we got our $$ money's worth..

Crescent City, California.. It was so beautiful to drive along the coast.. We had so much fun on our road trip honeymoon.. We listened to great music and saw different things.. All the time.... We had no place to be and no agenda.. I couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon..
Thanks BJ!!

10 comments:

April said...

That seriously looked like so much fun! You guys are to cute. I can't believe Bj let an stuck his tounge on a sea thingy...crazy.
Those Elk were amazing.

Really so cool guys, I am MEGA jealous of your trip...next time I want to go.

Amanda said...

Dude that sounds like a lot of fun! I wanna pet the shark~ I love aquariums!

thehansons said...

That looks like so much fun. I am so jealous. I want to go on a vacation with Jason, just the two of us. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

The Marcons said...

Man I'm so jealous. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Gramps said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Gramps said...

And Granny says,thanks for the memories. It brought back the time we spent driving along the coast. And I think the Pacific is more blue than the Atlantic and I just loved the ride. Love you both!

Madalyn said...

HaHa don't tell CJ where you went.... he'll want to go see all the tree's too lol Looks like a lot of fun!

NoellePratt said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am glad you updated your blog.

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

I would love to see the Redwood Forest, looks like you guys had lots of fun, I want to see the rest of the pic's next time we hang out.

Emma said...

I didn't even know that you guys already went. I really don't like this not seeing you everyday. I feel like I don't even know you anymore! BJ lover! Can I have some Sabrina time soon??