Monday, November 10, 2008

Arizona

This weekend I went to Arizona to see BJ.. I just happened to have a family reunion this same weekend so they both worked out perfect.. It was a nice drive down.. My family all followed each other and we made it safly.. In Flagstaff I went to Payson and my parents went to Pheonix so I was on my own ( of course BJ's friends girlsfriend Ashley was with me ) but we found it all by our self.. That night we hung out with the guys from work.. It was nice to see where BJ has been spending his time the last 6 months.. It was a nice little city.. Just small and simple.. BJ loves it there.. It is actually really pretty..
On Saturday we drove down to Pheonix and got lost of course and it took us twice as long as it should but we finally made it,, late but we made it.. It was so great to see my family.. We don't get to see them hardly at all so it was so fun and nice to be with them.. We are pretty close with my Moms brother and his family so they are really the only ones we know but it was lots of fun.. That night we drove down to Goodyear where BJ was born and raised untill he was 10.. It was so cute.. He remembered his address and everthing.. As we were driving there he was telling me stories of things he remembered.. Driving to the hospital with a rag on his chin to get stitches.. and the neighbors being little old people they called grandma and grandpa.. and walking to school.. It was super fun to hear all the stories.. We drove right to it and drove by.. I tried to take pictures but they didn't turn out very good at all.. BJ would slow down.. Apparently it's not nice to sit in front of peoples houses and take pictures of it if you don't know them.. So all I could get him to do was drive by it twice... After that we headed back to Payson and of course stoped at Bass Pro Shop on the way.. It was nice.. It puts Cabellas to shame.. We spent a couple hours walking through it.. We ate at a nice resturant they have in there.. It was super good food.. It was a great night..
The next day we just hung around Payson.. We went antique shopping.. Which was awesome.. They have lots of little stores with lots of cool things... I kept thinking that Emma would love it and that is so Emma.. Everything just looked like things she would like.. But anyways.. We watched a movie and had dinner.. Nothing to big but just spent time toghether..
Then.. of course I woke up the next morning and drove home.. All 11 hours of it so dreadfull.. It was crappy weather and I was just thinking of ways I could stay there with him of he could come home early but nothing was to brillant.. So here I am home and unpacked and just ready for my BJ to come home..
So that was our great weekend in AZ.. I guess you could call it a vacation...

3 comments:

Emma said...

Thanks for thinking of me on your trip!! And I am glad it was fun!

April said...

11 hours by yourself, that is awful.
I am glad you had a great weekend with BJ, and don't worry his AZ trips are almost done!

Jacob and Tiffany said...

Ok, I vote you guys move to AZ, you would love it! The weather is awesome! Thank you for the sweet message, it's exactly what I needed to hear today! I don't think it's fair that family moves away, I want them to live close to me forever! :)