Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike


So those of you who don't know BJ has been working in Arizona for the past 2 months.. It has been a very long 2 months but we have made it this far.. His schedule is work 10 days and come home for 4 days.. So as you all know me I count down the days for him to be home.. Well he called me yesterday and told me that he was going to Texas to help with the Hurricane disaster.. So he's leaving today from Arizona and going straight to Texas to work.. We have no idea for how long or where he will be.. He's pretty excited, he likes helping and he's the perfect person to do it because he's so dedicated and knows how to get any job done.. This is not his first time he's done something like this.. But he went with a good additude and can't wait to help all those people get their power back on it things cleaned up.. I don't think it's really hit me yet because he shouldn't be home till next weekend but I'm nervous and worried of course but I know everything will be fine and work out for the best.. I'm just so proud of him that he's able to go and do his job that he's so good at to help all of those people.. Let's just hope it doesn't take to long.. I'm already going crazy from missing him.. So I just wanted to give an update on what's going on with us..

7 comments:

Kizzy said...

i can't believe he has been in AZ and you haven't come down to visit him and come stay w/ us! you know you are welcome!!! i'm sure it's hard having him gone so much, but what an awesome thing he is doing to help out. hang in there!

April said...

Hang in there...I know how hard it was for me when Jay would leave on the boat....and I did not even like him as much as you do BJ (haha!).
I am so proud of him and what he is doing...and maybe the extra money will help out the wedding fund (I am keeping my fingers crossed).

Karen and Mike said...

I am so sorry. I hope the time goes by fast for you.

camille said...

Hey! I don't know if you remember me...I found your blog through steph's and thought I would say Hi! Anyways, your blog is way cute!

thehansons said...

I am sorry that he had to go to Texas. You are a lot more positive than I would be, I am a baby and I hate it when Jason leaves me for 4 days, I don't know what I would do if he left for longer than that. Hopefully everything will go well and he will be back soon.

camille said...

So I use to come into Dyson's Studio to get my hair done by my sister-in-law Amy (who doesn't work there anymmore)... You still work there? Wanna do my hair sometime?!:)

Jacob and Tiffany said...

That is so awesome that he is helping out, even though you are missing him! We live in AZ so you need to travel down here with him to work so we can hang out!