Friday, June 27, 2008

Hiking the "G"



So,, today was interesting.. I talked Braxton into hiking the G with me.. I swear when I was little we did it all the time.. Seriously I remember doing it at least once a year.. Well I thought it would be a fun summer activity for us to do,, BJ had to work and I didn't have to and we've already been swimming at Mom's pool alot so I've tried to break it up a little.. Well we got a some what early start 8:30am was the soonest we could get there.. Braxton was so cute, he packed a backpack with his trail mix and beef jerkey and a canteen of water.. The canteen weighed a million pounds so I told him no way are we carrying that so we just took some water bottles.. Well we headed up the hill and I'm not even joking.. It was freaking hard.. There were 3 hills at the beginning that I told Braxton if it didn't get better at the top we were turning around.. Luckily it evened out a bit but I made Braxton take the backpack.. I figure he's young and in shape it's the least he can do.. After that part we didn't just fine.. It took us about an hour but it was worth it.. We did get on the wrong trail one time and that sucked.. We had to do a little back tracking but we eventually made it.. We hung out and took some fun pictures.. Braxton was trying to catch lizards.. We had lunch plans with Shellie so we headed down and I swear it only took 20 minutes if that to get down.. It was alot of fun but I felt pretty stupid how hard it was,, I'm glad Braxton was with me to keep me going.. I told him when I have kids I will be in even worse shape so I won't be able to take them hiking so since I'm taking him to do a bunch of fun stuff that will be his job.. He agreed with a big smile on his face!!

9 comments:

Spencer Reeve said...

What a fun aunt you are, I have only hiked the "G" once, my senior year, and yeah I don't remember it being that easy, I DO remember being very LAST!

April said...

What a little cutie!

I hate hiking!

Nikki & Hal said...

I miss hiking the G! I use to do it every summer. I need to come down and do it again.

The Marcons said...

Oh fun stuff! I agree with you tho, the G has gotten harder. I have always wanted to hike Timp, but I'll prolly have to wait till they put in a 4 wheeling trail. If I think the G's hard there's no way I'm doing Timp.

Kizzy said...

how fun! i remember hiking the G when we would visit utah. good memories:)

Kizzy said...

timp was the best though a few years ago! now that was hard!! i was so tired after going up i think i pretty much rolled down:)

Kizzy said...

i changed my address to garretts5.blogspot.com

Sharon Murphy said...

Thw only time that the Murphy family hiked to the "G" was with the Reeve family years ago-------
sharon

James and Cassidee said...

K, I would have died! Good job on doing that hike!